bag_lady has added a photo to the pool:
At Kyichu Lhakhang near Paro in Western Bhutan.
The Jowo Temple of Kyichu is one of the oldest temples in Bhutan, originally built in the 7th century by the Tibetan Emperor Songtsen Gampo. It is considered to be one of the 108 border taming temples he built. In the 8th century the temple was visited by Padmasambhava and it is believed he concealed many spiritual treasures here. In 1644 the temple was taken over by Ngawang Namgyal. From 1836 to 1838 the temple was restored and re-consecrated by the 25th Je Khenpo Sherab Gyaltshen. In 1971, Kesang Choden Wangchuck, the queen of Jigme Dorji Wangchuck built a Guru Temple next to the old Jowo Temple which was consecrated by Dilgo Khyentse. Ever since then the annual rites of great accomplishment for the deities Vajrasattva, Palchen Heruka, and Vajrakilaya have been held in this temple for the well being of the country under the patronage of Kesang Choden Wangchuck. There is a belief that the two orange trees in the courtyard of Kyichu Lhakhang bear fruit throughout the year.
The temple is part of a network of 12 temples arranged around Jo-khang temple at Lhasa. All of them were built in the time of King Songtsen Gampo.
All copyrights for this image are held by the original author and the Fliker.com . Kolomthota.com does not have any copyrights for this image.
Source From flickr.com
#SriLanka #News #lka #Photos
Powered by WPeMatico